Saturday, December 8, 2007

I'm no "scab"!!

Let me start by saying I hate telemarketers. All telemarketers. But by far the worst are the dregs of society calling me lately from "nurse staffing" companies. They offer obscene amounts of money to work at hospitals where nurses are on strike.  In other words to be a "scab". 
I have several problems with this. First of all, those nurses are striking for fair wages, safe staffing ratios, benefits and other reasonable demands. Secondly, if the hospitals can afford to pay "scabs" the wages they are offering, they can certainly afford to negotiate with the nurses on strike. Thirdly, I hear all kinds of rational for nurses crossing picket lines; "The patients still need care", "Someone still needs to work" ,"I need the money". I disagree with all of these excuses. Nurses should have one of the strongest political voices in the United States today. Crossing picket lines is one of the reasons we don't. It isn't good for us and it isn't good for our patients.
So, all you telemarketers stop calling me. I'm no "scab"!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!